Panama City Smiles : Full-Mouth Reconstruction in Panama City, FL
Are you discouraged about the condition of your mouth? Is it overwhelming to imagine everything that would need to be done to restore your smile? If you are ready to transform your mouth’s functionality, health, and appearance, we can help.
At Panama City Smiles, we have a comprehensive process of Full-Mouth Reconstruction in Panama City, FL to evaluate the current condition of your teeth and gums, create a step-by-step treatment plan, and get you back to great oral health and a smile you can be proud of. We are committed to walk through the process with you, providing excellent dentistry and friendship without any lectures or guilt about why you need care.
A full-mouth reconstruction begins with Dr. Patel performing a thorough evaluation of your current condition. This will include a complete medical history, an examination of your teeth and gums, X-rays, impressions, digital imaging, and notation of any problems or issues to be addressed.
- Teeth: We will look for cavities and decay, tooth wear, cracks, short or long teeth, root canal issues, and any loose or missing teeth. Dr. Patel will note exactly what will need to be repaired or restored.
- Periodontal (Gum) Issues: We will look for deep pockets, excessive or insufficient gum tissue, periodontal disease, and bone density irregularities. Generally, any gum disease treatment will need to be done before your mouth is healthy and strong enough to sustain any reconstructive treatment.
- Jaw and TMJ Issues: A stable bite is important to your overall oral health. We will see if you need orthodontic treatment or other corrective therapy to correct your bite. We will also check the integrity and density of your jawbone, making sure it can support implants or other restorative procedures.
- Esthetics: The color, shape, size, and proportion of your teeth, and how they appear in relation to your gums, lips, mouth, side profile and face, are also important factors in full-mouth reconstruction treatment. This will help us determine the restorative and cosmetic procedures that will achieve the best results for you.
The comprehensive evaluation is used to gather all of the detailed information to create a personalized, step-by-step treatment plan to transform your mouth and smile. Each case is different, so the components of your treatment plan and the length of treatment will vary according to your specific needs.
Possible Components of Full-Mouth Reconstruction
- Teeth cleaning and periodontal care
- Crown lengthening
- Gum contouring
- Bone or soft tissue grafts
- Permanent restorations, such as crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Implant placement and restoration to replace missing teeth or to anchor a bridge or denture
- Orthodontics to move teeth into proper position
- Teeth whitening to brighten your finished smile
What to Expect
A full-mouth reconstruction involves many phases of treatment and multiple office visits. Dr. Patel may collaborate with other dental professionals or oral surgeons to get you the complete care you need. Depending on your situation, completion of your treatment could take one year or more, especially if orthodontics are needed. You will have a more specific idea of what will be involved after talking over your treatment plan with Dr. Patel.
Are You Ready?
The full-mouth reconstruction process requires a great deal of commitment and investment, but the rewards are immeasurable. If you are ready to transform your smile, chew normally, and speak clearly again, please contact us today to get started! Use our online form or call Panama City Smiles at
(850) 588-0185 to make your appointment for your full-mouth reconstruction in Panama City, FL.