Panama City Smiles : Relieving Dental Anxiety in Panama City, FL
Are you afraid to go to the dentist? You are not alone. Many people struggle to make and keep dental appointments because of fear and anxiety. Maybe you had a bad dental experience in the past. Maybe you are afraid of the cost. Or maybe you do not even know why you are anxious.
Many people have a fight-or-flight reaction to the sights, sounds, and smells of a dental office, or struggle with the feeling of loss of control. We want to encourage you with good news: Panama City Smiles offers comfortable, modern, pain-free dentistry. Dr. Anish Patel and our compassionate staff will help put you at ease every step of the way by relieving dental anxiety . You do not need to put off dental care any more!
When you put your trust in us, even if you are anxious, we value that trust and want to help you experience dentistry in a whole new way.
- We will treat you like a person with concerns and feelings, offering comfort options like pillows, blankets, Chapstick, earbuds for music or TV, and beverages to help you relax during your visit.
- We will communicate clearly and listen to you so you understand what to expect every step of the way. There will be no unpleasant surprises.
- We are a no-stress, no-lecture practice. We focus on the fact that you came to us for help with your oral health, and helping is what we do. We are on your side!
- We will always make sure you are physically comfortable and fully anesthetized before doing any work that could possibly cause you any amount of discomfort.
- We offer flexible and customized payment plans to make the cost of dental care very manageable with your insurance and budget.
- We provide separate, spa-quality treatment rooms for privacy and relaxation.
Here are some tips you can try if you struggle with dental anxiety:
We realize that we are a dental office and people are very apprehensive and they don’t like coming here so what we have tried to do is create an experience where it takes that apprehension and everything out of the situation. So when patients come in we give them a tour of the office so they are familiar with everything, we like to introduce everyone by name, use their name and when they get in the chair, we have a comfort menu so they can pick items off of there, whether it’s a blanket, pillow, headphones or anything that’s going to make their visit more comfortable and that allows us to have a better relationship with them and then they can actually go through and get their dentistry done and really achieve the smile that they want to achieve. We just find that, even when we go to a medical office, we would like to feel more comfortable so anything we can do, we just continually add stuff in to make the experience better.
- Be honest about your fears with Dr. Patel from the very beginning. He and our staff will be aware of your difficulties and care for you gently and sensitively.
- Ask us about pain management and sedation.
- Bring a trusted friend with you to your visit so you don’t feel alone.
- Seek distraction from the procedure by listening to music or watching TV with earbuds.
- Try relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, while waiting for your appointment.
- If you cannot bring yourself to go to the dentist right now, consider seeing a psychologist or talk therapist to work through some of your anxiety. Then, when you are ready, call us and make an appointment.
Unfortunately, procrastination can lead to dental conditions that may require more complex, more stressful, and possibly more costly procedures down the road. It is much better to come and see us for preventive care and cleanings than to wait until you are in pain to try to overcome your anxiety and get the treatment you need. But whatever your current circumstance, we are here to help you get your oral health back on track.
I had braces and I was going to an orthodontist and I had horrible anxiety about the dentist the first time I came here but now I don’t mind. It’s like “it’s my six month cleaning, okay let’s go”. They tell you, okay this is what I’m going to do, this is how it is going to go and that’s exactly what happens. It’s not like how some people say I’m going to do this and they do it and it’s like OUCH but no, it’s not that way here. It’s just the environment is so friendly and comfortable, it sets him aside from other dentists because you go in and they make it strictly professional but here it’s more like a family or friendly environment. It feels like home like you come in and they always greet you at the door, they know you are coming in for your appointment and they greet you by name. It is a friendly environment. If anyone asks about a dentist, I always recommend Dr. Patel at Panama City Smiles.
You can trust us to help you get the dental care you have been needing in a safe, comfortable, and relaxing environment. Feel free to call Panama City Smiles for relieving dental anxiety at (850) 588-0185 and discuss your concerns before making appointment, or use our online form to reach out to us.