When you have a smile that needs a little cosmetic help, you have options at Panama City Smiles. Make sure you know which ones can help you fix the problems you want to fix.
Common Cosmetic Problems and Solutions
Dental Stains – Your teeth are supposed to be white, but it seems like everything we consume on a daily basis is intent on trying to turn them another color. Dealing with dental stains can be embarrassing. Toothpaste say they help, but you never see any lasting results. Store-bought whiteners give you some color improvement, but not to the level you need. What are you supposed to do? Panama City Smiles has solutions to help you.
- Professional Teeth Whitening – Store-bought solutions are not able to whiten as effectively as professional solutions. This is due to the FDA limiting the potency of the whitening solutions used in the OTC remedies. Those concentrations range from 5 to 15 percent, while professional solutions can range anywhere from 20 to 40 percent. The more potent the solution, the more dramatic the whitening effect.
- Veneers – There are some types of stains that even professional whitening has problems clearing up. Often, this staining is caused by certain antibiotics or medical conditions. These stains come from the inside out. Dental veneers can cover the stains and return your teeth to a sparkling white appearance.
Cracked Teeth – Cracked teeth can ruin a great smile. The dark lines are visible to anyone around you, and the crack will leave your tooth in danger of further damage. It is imperative that you get your tooth taken care of. Doing so will improve the appearance, too.
- Dental Bonding – For minor cracks, dental bonding is a fast and effective treatment. The composite resin we use is able to be molded to cover the cracks. The resin will bond with your tooth and blend seamlessly with your smile.
- Veneers – Moderate cracks may need more support than what dental bonding can provide. Dental veneers can give you that kind of support. The veneer will not only cover the crack and restore the appearance of your tooth, but it will also support the whole tooth and protect it from breaking apart completely.
- Crowns – Some cracks are too severe for anything less than a dental crown. In these instances, a dental crown will cover your tooth and restore the look, feel, and function you have lost.
Broken Teeth – A broken tooth not only hurts the way your smile looks but can also hurt in general. You need your teeth to be functional, and the improved appearance will follow. There are a couple ways we can treat your broken tooth.
- Dental Crown – Crowns are wonderful for fixing this type of dental injury. A crown will totally cover and seal the tooth. This will keep all of the pieces of your broken tooth together and restore the look of your tooth as well. You will have a usable tooth back in your smile.
- Dental Implant – Some breaks are too severe for your tooth to safely remain in your mouth. When this happens, you will need to find a suitable tooth replacement option to both fill your smile and restore your mouth to full function. There is no better option than dental implants. The unsurpassed stability they offer, coupled with their health and aesthetic benefits, make them the obvious choice.
Missing Teeth – The only thing that damages the appearance of your smile more than a damaged or stained tooth is a missing tooth. You need to find a tooth replacement option that can fill your smile and give you a functioning smile.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that can give you the stability that rivals that of your natural teeth. They also protect the health of your jawbone and can last you the rest of your life. With many implant types, Panama City Smiles has a dental implant option that can help you.
Misshapen Teeth – Teeth are supposed to be a certain shape, and people are quick to notice when a tooth is not the shape it should be. Bad luck or genetics can be the reason behind your misshapen tooth.
- Dental Bonding – Composite resin is a great tool to correct the shape of your tooth. Dr. Patel can use the resin to correct its shape and restore the look of your smile. This is a fast, easy procedure that will leave your smile looking better than it ever has.
- Veneers – Sometimes the shape is not able to be fixed by simple bonding. Veneers are another option for correcting the shape of your tooth. Veneers can also lengthen short teeth, close gaps, and correct a host of other cosmetic problems.