If you have a dental injury or are experiencing any pain in your mouth, please call Panama City Smiles at 850-588-0185 right away for same-day dental emergencies.Doctor Anish Patel on dental emergencies
Even when our Panama City, FL dentist office is closed, our phone is answered by a knowledgeable staff member 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you call after hours, we will get you in to see Dr. Patel, Dr. Pappas, or Dr. Jauch as soon as possible for emergency dental care.
We treat you with:
- Effective local anesthesia to relieve your pain
- A wide variety of restorative services to fix problems from a painful cavity to a broken tooth
- A compassionate staff who will make sure you feel comfortable throughout your treatment
- Amenities like soft blankets and earbuds so you can tune us out while we work
Here’s What to Do Until You Can See Us for Your Emergency
If you feel you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us right away for professional advice on what to do next. Here’s some general guidance for broken teeth and other common emergencies:
- Tooth Pain – A warm saltwater rinse can help. If there is any swelling, apply a cold compress to your face. Take an over-the-counter pain medication.
- Broken or Knocked-Out Tooth – Rinse the tooth (or pieces) in warm water, being careful not to touch the root. Transport the tooth in a small container of milk or saliva. If our office is closed, please go to the emergency room and call us to follow up.
- Abscess – Rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater solution several times a day to prevent the spread of infection.
- Lost Restoration – Use a temporary adhesive, like denture adhesive or even toothpaste, to temporarily put the restoration back in place until you get to our Panama City dentist office.
- Broken Braces, Wires, or Brackets – Try using orthodontic wax or a piece of gauze to cover whatever is sticking out until we can see you. Never cut a wire! Wires can accidentally be inhaled or swallowed.
Call Panama City Smiles at 850-588-0185 for immediate assistance with dental emergencies.