If you have a dental injury or are experiencing any pain in your mouth, please call Panama City Smiles at 850-588-0185 right away for same-day dental emergencies!
Even when our Panama City, FL dental office is closed, our phone is answered by a knowledgeable staff member 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you call after hours, we will get you in to see Dr. Patel or Dr. Pappas as soon as possible the next day we are open.
Our compassionate team can also help relieve dental anxiety with amenities from our comfort menu.
Common Dental Emergencies And What To Do
If you feel you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us right away for professional advice on what do next. Here’s some general guidance for common dental emergencies:
- Tooth pain: A warm saltwater rinse can help. If there is any swelling, apply a cold compress to your face. Take an over-the-counter pain medication.
- Broken or knocked-out tooth: Rinse the tooth (or pieces) in warm water, being careful not to touch the root. Transport the tooth in a small container of milk or saliva. If our office is closed, please go to the emergency room and call us to follow up.
- Abscess: Rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater solution several times a day to prevent the spread of infection.
- Lost restoration: Use a temporary adhesive, like denture adhesive or even toothpaste, to temporarily put the restoration back in place until you get to our office.
- Broken braces, wires, or brackets: Try using orthodontic wax or a piece of gauze to cover whatever is sticking out until we can see you. Never cut a wire! Wires can accidentally be inhaled or swallowed.
Remember, any injury, trauma, pain, or bleeding in the mouth is a dental emergency. Call Panama City Smiles for immediate assistance at 850-588-0185. If your case isn’t an emergency, you can also schedule your appointment using our online form.