Dental ImplantsDoctor Trae Pappas on Implants at Panama City Smiles Read Transcript
A lot of people have failing or missing teeth for whatever reason, and they're interested in dental implants as a replacement, and what they want is they want a high quality aesthetic replacement, something that works and functions like an actual tooth in a predictable manner, and we can do that with implants. We can give you that.
They look and function just like your natural teeth, and so what we do, if you ever lose a tooth, in that area where that tooth comes out, we use a little titanium screw, and it's highly compatible with your body, and in that area, your body just heals around it, just how it normally would, so there's no extra surgical procedure most of the time, and no extra pain, anything like that, and then once you heal up, we attach a tooth on the top.
And we do it for a myriad of reasons, trauma cases, single missing teeth, or patients who come in with dentures that are failing and want a better solution, so if you're interested, we'd be happy to give you a free consult and see if implants are a possible solution for you.
If you’re ready to relieve pain and replace your damaged or missing teeth, call Panama City Smiles today. At our Panama City, FL dental office, we can use dental implants to replace individual teeth or even an entire set of teeth.
Dr. Anish Patel has completed extensive continuing education and has years of clinical experience in placing and restoring implants. He has invested in state-of-the-art technology and has the expertise to precisely plan and execute your beautiful new smile.
Our Dental Implants Process
A dental implant is simply a replacement tooth root, which we place into the jaw to form the base of a replacement tooth. Through a process called osseointegration, dental implants fuse with the jawbone for a permanent anchor of the replacement tooth or teeth.
Placing dental implants requires precision. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging so each implant is placed exactly in the correct position. After a healing period, when the dental implant is fully integrated with your jaw, we will attach your strong, beautiful dental restoration.
Tooth Replacement Options With Dental Implants
We can mount a variety of dental restorations on dental implants or mini dental implants depending on your need. At Panama City Smiles, we offer:
- Dental crowns to replace the visible portion of a missing or damaged tooth.
- Dental bridges to fill the gaps left in your smile by a missing tooth or multiple teeth.
- Implant-secured dentures to replace a full arch of teeth in the top or bottom of your mouth using only four to six implants. They come in two secure-hold varieties:
- Implant-retained dentures are held in place with a series of ball-and-sockets and are easily removed for cleaning and sleeping.
- Implant-supported dentures are securely attached to your implants by a metal bar and can be removed by you or your dentist.
- Immediate implant placement after extractions, including a same-day smile procedure, in which we extract teeth, place implants, and attach a denture or overdenture in one appointment!
No matter the treatment, you will be able to speak clearly, smile beautifully, and chew without pain or discomfort.
More Benefits Of Dental Implants
When you lose your teeth, the bone that supported your teeth is lost too. Because dental implants replace your tooth roots, they help maintain your jawbone’s shape and density. They also:
- Support your facial framework and soft tissues, preserving the natural contours of your face and improving your appearance.
- Help you eat, smile, speak, and look completely natural, which does wonders to improve your social, psychological, and physical well-being.
Get your strong, confident bite back. Make an appointment with top Panama City, FL dentist Dr. Patel today to see if dental implants are a good option for you. Call Panama City Smiles at (850) 763-8788 or use our online form to request information or an appointment.