Same-Day SmileDoctor Anish Patel on Traditional Braces at Panama City Smiles Read Transcript
Traditional braces, we've gotten to a place now where we can actually take impressions and photos, and load them all into a computer software. Run a bunch of scenarios in the computer to see what the best option is going to be, rather than experimenting in the mouth. We use individual appliances for each person, so each bracket torque and each bracket has a prescription on it. It could be regular, it could be torqued, it could be ... Every single bracket on every single tooth has a prescription so that we can move teeth faster, smoother, and then hold them there so that they'll retain longer. So, really the ideal candidate's just about anybody. I mean, besides someone with severe, severe gum disease, or decay, we can put it on just about anybody. We've done cases as young as seven or eight years old to do a phase one, and we've also done cases on 70, 80 years old because they just waited that long to fix their smile and they were finally ready. So, we can pretty much put it on just about anybody. The good thing about the traditional ortho is we can make changes very fast compared to a clear correct type system, or Invisalign system where you have to send everything off to the lab and wait six weeks for changes. You can make changes chair side with the traditional.
If you are interested in replacing all of your missing teeth or ditching your traditional removable dentures, call Panama City Smiles today! We can place dental implants and implant-secured dentures in just one day for a quick and stable same-day smile at our Panama City, FL dental office.
Our Same-Day Smile Process
Trusted Panama City, FL dentists Dr. Patel and Dr. Pappas have the advanced techniques, training, and technology to offer this incredible option so patients don’t have to go without their teeth. Here’s what you can expect from your same-day smile procedure:
- Preparation – First, we will carefully plan your procedure at a consultation. We will take digital X-rays, scans, and impressions of your teeth and gums to have your replacement teeth custom-made.
- Tooth extractions and implant placement – We will safely remove teeth if necessary and place four to six implants in your upper and/or lower jaw. Using the information from the scans and X-rays, Dr. Patel will precisely place the implants for optimum strength and comfort.
- Immediate attachment of replacement teeth – After your implants are in place, we’ll attach your replacement teeth so you will have secure, functional, beautiful teeth without having to wait weeks or months for the implants to heal!
- Healing – Although you should stick to a diet of soft foods for a few weeks and be careful chewing, your implant-secured dentures will be “load bearing” after placement, so you will be able to eat almost immediately. Because the pressure of chewing goes to your implants instead of your gums, you will not experience the degree of gum soreness that is common with traditional dentures.
- Follow-up – For four to six months, your replacement teeth may need adjustment. You will come and see Dr. Patel to make sure your new teeth are comfortable, working well, and looking great!
If you are interested in learning more about a same-day smile, contact us to schedule your private consultation with top-notch Panama City, FL dentist Dr. Patel. You can use our online form or speak to one of our Panama City Smiles team members at (850) 763-8788.