We offer many restorative dental services at Panama City Smiles – but we hope you never need them. Don’t run the risk of dental injury while staying active. Custom-made athletic mouthguards will protect your teeth and gums while you play. You can get mouthguards from a store, but one that is custom-made using impressions of your teeth will fit you perfectly.Doctor Anish Patel on mouthguards
A perfect fit means your custom mouthguard will:
- Be comfortable to wear, so you won’t be tempted to play without it
- Stay in your mouth to better protect you
- Withstand wear-and-tear better than a store-bought mouthguard
To schedule a fitting for a mouthguard that will fit you perfectly, call 850-588-0185.
Stay Safe While You Play With a Custom Mouthguard
An athletic mouthguard is extremely important for preventing dental injuries, especially for children or young adults who are active in recreational or competitive sports. Aside from creating a barrier to keep teeth in place during a severe blow to the face, a mouthguard also acts as a shock absorber to minimize the blow’s overall impact to the rest of the head.
Sports mouthguards are a wise protective measure for any physical activity, including:
- Riding a scooter
Take Good Care of Your Athletic Mouthguard
Keeping your athletic mouthguard clean and free of bacteria is important. Thankfully, caring for your mouthguard (and your mouth) is just a matter of making the following behaviors a habit:
- Brush and rinse your teeth before and after wearing your mouthguard
- Store your mouthguard in a clean, dry container with air vents
- Clean your mouthguard and container regularly
- Do not chew on your athletic mouthguard, as this could cause holes where bacteria can collect
Panama City Smiles also has custom-made mouthguards for bruxism (grinding of the teeth).
To schedule an appointment for you or your child to be fitted for athletic mouthguards or bruxism guards, call 850-588-0185. Our Panama City, FL dentist office is located near Jinks Middle School and the Al Helms Dog Park.