Your gums are a vital factor in good oral hygiene. If your gums need professional help, Panama City Smiles offers painless nonsurgical gum disease treatment. Periodontal treatment from Dr. Patel, Dr. Pappas, or Dr. Jauch will:Dr. Patel on Non-Surgical Gum Treatment - Panama City Smiles, FL Read Transcript
At Panama City Smiles, we have three full time hygienists, and we provide nonsurgical gum therapy, which is basically you haven't had your teeth cleaned in a long time, and you've gotten gum disease. The first step to do is to do a nonsurgical therapy, where we clean everything out, and we provide antibiotics or whatever's needed to try to get those gums healthy without you having to go through a surgery. In some cases it's still needed, but 90 percent of the time, we can cure what you have with a nonsurgical treatment, which is much more comfortable for you.
- Relieve pain you may feel from swollen or bleeding gums
- Stop early gum disease from advancing into more serious stages that can lead to tooth loss
- Eliminate unpleasant symptoms like chronic bad breath
- Get your gums looking pink and healthy again
Scaling & Root Planing Stops the Spread of Gum Disease
Panama City Smiles offers a highly effective, nonsurgical treatment using scaling and root planing to prevent the spread of gum disease. The process is simple. We will:
- Numb the area with a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort.
- Thoroughly clean the tooth from the crown to below the gumline to remove plaque and tartar (scaling).
- Smooth tooth roots to prevent more bacteria from building up (root planing).
This gum disease therapy usually requires two visits that last about an hour and a half each. Once treatment is completed, your gums will tighten around your teeth properly, protecting your tooth roots. We may prescribe antibiotics before or after your treatment to prevent infection.
See Us ASAP With Gum Disease Symptoms
Gum disease is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. It is caused by plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) buildup that gets into “pockets” between your teeth and gums, causing infection and inflammation. Because gum disease is often painless, you may not even know you have it until symptoms are noticed during a dental cleaning or exam. Gum disease can lead to tooth loss and has even been linked to serious problems like heart disease, so we need to treat it quickly to keep it from progressing into a more serious issue.
See us right away if you notice:
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Chronic bad breath
- Teeth that appear longer than before
- Gums that look bright red rather than pink
Call 850-588-0185 to schedule a gum disease screening to see if you need nonsurgical gum disease treatment.